Local number portability (LNP)
Local Number Portability (LNP) provides a means for customers to move their phone number from one carrier to another. This means you can Port/ Move your existing phone number to FaktorTel.
Porting a number to FaktorTel is easy with our online porting form!
Simply log into the brand new FaktorTel Customer Portal and go to the Number Porting page. The easy walk-through guide will prompt you for the information we need to generate a Porting Authority Form (PAF) to automatically get the process started. We’ll keep you up to date with the progress of the number port by email, and you can also check the status through the Customer Portal at any time.
If you are an existing FaktorTel customer from prior to September 2017 and have not yet upgraded your plan to migrate to the new portal, you can still port numbers in by completing this PAF document.
|Port a Single Number:Simple Port||$16.50 Charged Once. Plus $4.95 Per Month.
Note: ported numbers cannot be used towards plan included numbers
|Complex Ports:(Number ranges, ISDN, etc.)||1 – 100 numbers: $363 Per Port
Monthly charges apply for numbers and number ranges.
Single Number – $4.95 per month
100 Number Range – $34.95 per month
|1300/1800 Numbers:||1300 numbers:
* PROMO: Free 1300 and 1800 number porting until 31 January 2019!
Important items to note
- Due to our need to communicate with your originating carrier for porting a number, standard turnaround time for a Single Number Port request is typically 10 WORKING DAYS (5 for the port verification and 5 for the actual port). The timeframe for a Complex Number Port can be longer, and is typically completed in 15-25 WORKING DAYS.
FaktorTel has no control over these timelines. They are determined by legislation and the response time of the originating carrier. Therefore, a precise time frame cannot be guaranteed.
- If your number is connected to a DSL service and you port that number to VoIP (FaktorTel), your phone line will be deactivated and your DSL service may be cut off. It will not be able to be reconnected until a new phone is installed.
We strongly recommend that you DO NOT port a number that is connected to a DSL service.
- Numbers associated with services such as DSL, EFTPOS, Line Hunt, Fax Duet, or other complex routing services may add difficulties to the porting process and may require a single number to use the Complex Port process, and corresponding fees. In most cases you are able to remove these additional services from the line prior to initiating the number port, and avoid additional time frame and fees involved.
- By Porting a telephone number, any services associated with that telephone number are disconnected from the existing Service Provider’s network and may result in finalisation of the account for that service.
Please DO NOT disconnect your number prior to commencing, or during the Porting process.
- You acknowledge that although have the right to port your telephone number(s), however, there may be costs and obligations imposed by your current Service Provider, associated with the port which may include early termination fees and/ or Porting fees.
Please check with your existing carrier prior to submitting a Porting request.
- NOT all numbers can be ported. FaktorTel will attempt to port your number.
However, in some circumstances, the port may be rejected by the holding carrier.
- Porting your number(s) from another VoIP provider may not be possible. In most circumstances we have the ability to work with the losing carrier to organise the porting of your number, though in some rare situations we may not be able to. We will do everything we can, and will keep you informed through the process should we encounter any difficulties.